This is a type of nerve damage which involves the nerves outside of your brain and spinal cord (peripheral). It is very commonly felt in the hands and feet.
This nerve damage often results in:
- heavy limbs
- sharp, stabbing, nervy, burning pain
It can also cause trouble with circulation, bowel movements, and urination.
Peripheral neuropathy is caused by several health conditions such as:
- Diabetes; this is the most common cause.
- Infections such as HIV, Lyme disease, shingles, Epstein-Barr virus, and hepatitis.
- Tumors pressing on nerves.
- Autoimmune diseases.
- Kidney disease, liver disease, hypothyroidism.
Other causes of neuropathies include:
- Injury or pressure on the nerve.
- Vitamin deficiencies. B vitamins, vitamin E and niacin.
Acupuncture can help:
- Acupuncture acts directly on the nerves, helping them heal.
- Acupuncture also acts on the tissues surrounding the damaged nerves, reducing inflammation and encouraging blood circulation.
- Acupuncture’s pain-relieving mechanisms reduce the discomfort and pain while simultaneously healing the area.
Book your consultation and first treatment today.